Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Love or Hate

Love him or hate him?

I made the grave mistake of sending my husband to the grocery store alone while I worked. I thought he had changed and learned the error of his ways. You see, he used to do the grocery shopping, but because he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth he knows nothing of a budget when it comes to the grocery store and sweets. I took over the shopping after I proved to him we could keep the weekly grocery bill at $100 and still get what we need and for the most part what we want. After almost a year of showing him this fool proof method I felt he could handle it and keep within the $100 and not bring home crap. Apparently not!

Seriously!

I'm trying to be patient because I am going against change 30+ years of terrible eating habits and I keep reminding myself that its baby steps. I have actually gotten him to change his burgers here at home. He has gone from a 25 grams of fat sirloin burger with Dennison's Chunky Chili all over it to a 6 grams of fat turkey burger with 98% fat free Dennison's Chili. So to redeem himself from the above pictures of Willy Wonka-ness he also came home with these -

To irk me even more he actually managed to stay within the $100 budget.

1 comment:

  1. Did he seriously come home with all that junk? Bwahahahah! That makes him kind of adorable, no?

    ReplyDelete