Thursday, January 22, 2009

Interview

Tuesday Sandiegomomma gave us an interesting PrompTuesday writing assignment. The assignment is as follows -

Conduct a pretend interview with someone. It could be with your dog, a box of rain, zombies, your kid, Ricky Gervais, Brad Pitt, an Idaho potato, your alter ego, Hilary Clinton, Lysol Deodorizing Spray, your CD collection, ring around the collar, the Border Patrol, the weather, the Village Idiot, Puritans, a favorite blogger, Hannah Montana, Bozo the Clown, Fiestaware, what-have-you.

My Interview with Fear -

Me: Hello. It’s nice to meet you.

Fear: (grumbling) Yah, whatever. Let’s make this quick.

Me: Why?

Fear: I’ve got a lot of stops to make today.

Me: I noticed you pop up unannounced all the time. Do you do that to everybody?

Fear: (smirking): Yep. It’s more fun that way.

Me: Yes, but it’s not very nice.

Fear: Nice, shmice. It’s not my problem.

Me: Why are you so rude?

Fear: Look lady, you think it’s a picnic being me? I’m not very well liked, nobody ever wants me around, and they can’t look me in the face. If they could just look at me then maybe I wouldn’t be so scary.

Me: Don’t forget mean too.

Fear: Yah...well. It’s my job.

Me: You sound like anxiety. Do you know her?

Fear: (evil chuckle) Totally! Anxiety rocks. You should see some of the crap she pulls. It’s hilarious.

Me: (quiet)

Fear: (rolling eyes) I get that you’re trying to understand us and all, so you have better control, but just give it up, you’ll never control us…unless… ...snicker snicker…

Me: (impatient) Yeesss…unless what?

Long pause...

Me: (one eyebrow cocked, impatient, a fierce stare, and raising voice): UNLESS WHAT?

Fear: (apprehensive) Um...gotta run! See ya!

Me: (hollering after fear) You better run! Tell your friend too!



5 comments:

  1. LOL - I completely sympathize!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great interview!! Congratulations.. I saw so much of so many things and you stated it well.
    Love ya
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever. Hope to see you this week.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete