First - Friday night was a pizza party for the family specifically (last year we were reprimanded for not having the family celebrate both boy's birthdays. The oldest one chose to spend the day in Big Bear with his friends instead of having a party. We got in trouble when we got together to celebrate the younger one's birthday and not the older one). Whatever!...rolling my eyes because his family is
Second - Saturday, just as he chose last year, the oldest wanted to do something with his friends. So he did a go-cart place then a sleep over - Saturday night we had four 11-year-old boys here in the house. It was interesting to say the least. I shudder at the thought of what I must have been like at that age. They were up till 1:30 and had to be separated. Then up early with a big breakfast, a la' chateau chodorow (we're getting good at the breakfast thing), and off to basketball games some of them were playing in.
Third - Sunday, we had a party for the rugrat. We had one of those obnoxious, over-priced, trendy, over the top, ridiculous, I said I would never do that kind of party parties. Well...his girlfriend came and I would do it all over just for this -
A while ago I asked him what he liked about her, he cocked his head to one side and with a thoughtful look replied, "I like her face."
"I like her face" - hilarious!
ReplyDelete