Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Breakfast

Our 2nd Annual Christmas Breakfast was awesome! The food on this island consisted of a french toast casserole with fresh fruit topping - your choice of bananas, strawberries, or blueberries - scrambled eggs, and bacon. To the right of the island our kitchenette table had chocolate chip cookies, blueberry muffins, pecan pie muffins, sour cream coffee cake (courtesy of the MIL), gourmet chocolates, and bagels with cream cheese. We served coffee, orange juice, and mimosas and the fire roaring. There were a total of 11 of us and it made for a very cozy and enjoyable morning. I loved entertaining and hearing the low growl and yummy sounds coming from everyone as they filled their plates and enjoyed their meal. That in and of itself was filling for me. I asked one guest, the ex's boyfriend, if I could take his plate and he answered three different times, "No, no, no I'm still eating." This made me feel good and thrilled that he was comfortable enough to eat and continue eating. The morning literally screamed good cheer and it was really nice to host this event in our home and even better I love the thought of making a tradition of it! I saw this plate of food leaving the kitchen and had to snap a picture because it was a beautiful display of a good, hearty morning breakfast.

Next year I think I'll try a quiche!

No comments:

Post a Comment