Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Day To Remember

When I started a blog I promised myself I would not always talk about and always post pictures about my child, but I can't help it. The majority of my time is spent with him.Today he is three. Three. It really goes by very quickly. When I had him I would meet and talk with people and they would say things like, "Don't blink" and "It goes by so fast." I understood that concept, but now I am living it. He is different every day as I am sure those of you who have children understand. My husband says, "Just wait, it gets better and just when you think it can't get any better...it gets better." For example when he started to talk...naming things..."fire twuck...twash twuck" or one of my favorites, "buzabozer." - He loves bulldozers - The talking is amazing, but now he is starting to converse. I mean actually converse. It comes on slowly, but one day you realize the change and take a moment to be dumbfounded. For me - I literally only have a minute. My little guy is like the Energizer bunny - on speed. He is never still unless he is sleeping, eating, or going poop. Time-outs are like mini-meditation moments for me when I ask God for strength and more patience, especially if he is having a particularly difficult day. Today I have technically reached three minutes for time-outs and believe me I am going to relish the one extra minute of quiet time.

1 comment:

  1. You could have at least put him in a San Francisco Giants baseball cap.
    Grams

    ReplyDelete