Tuesday, January 6, 2009

PrompTuesday

Today's PrompTuesday Sandiegomomma asks -

So. What was the best book you’ve ever read and why? If you’d like to creative this week’s PROMPT up, write your post as a poem, in the voice of the main character, as a review, or a book jacket teaser.

The Valley of Horses stands out crystal clear for me. It is actually the sequel to the book I am currently reading. About 15 years ago I met a man who told me to read the book I am reading, I barely got through it. However, I didn't care to move on to the sequel. My life moved on and then I met another man. He talked about this particular series of books and when I told him I never got to The Valley of Horses he insisted I read it and to make it more fun he would read it too, again. Here is an excerpt -

He had smelled the female essence of her warm skin, felt the turgid fullness of her breast on his side. He remembered, suddenly, how long it had been since he had lain with a woman, and the breechclout did nothing to hide the evidence of his thoughts. He turned away in an attempt to conceal his obvious tumescence, but it was all he could do to keep from tearing off her wrap. He lengthened his stride until he was nearly running ahead so she wouldn't notice...

Jondalar had reached the cool shade of the wooded strip near the stream. His urgency was so strong that he could not constrain himself. Only moments after he was out of sight behind a screen of dense foilage did he...

We read this book, and the rest of the series, during our courtship and I have to say it was...ummm....well...how should I say...ummm....

I married him.

No comments:

Post a Comment