You know when you find a blog and you see a story unfolding and you can't help but continue to return because you have to find out what happens? Sometimes it turns out to be a very moving experience. The kind of experience that slams it all into perspective, quickly.
This is the story of Anissa. On November 16, 2009, she wrote this. She is very witty, warm, and creative. If you read through her blogs she'll have you laughing, guaranteed. On November 17, 2009, she had a massive stroke. She has three children, her youngest just reaching one year of remission from childhood cancer. Yes, you read that correctly - cancer - childhood. Whenever I read this blog I break down because I cannot imagine this kind of heartache. I have had my share of heartache, but this? Those kids? Seeing their mother like that? Really? Why? Tell me - why? Anyone?
Her husband posts updates here. The website Anissa used when her youngest was struggling with cancer. In these posts he describes the communication between them even though she can't speak, but he can see it in her eyes. She seems to be aware of her surroundings, but it's like she's trapped inside because her brain isn't sending the proper signals so she can communicate or move.
Lately, late at night, almost every night since I found Anissa, when the house is quiet and everyone is sleeping I think about her, her kids, her husband and I talk to God about her. Then I thank him because while I lay there feeling the warmth of my loving husband beside me, the in and out breathing of my children across the hall, and the rustle of the hairy beast nuzzling his snout into his bed - I know I am incredibly blessed.
Wow - I don't even know what to say. Thank you for this.
ReplyDelete