All my life I have had people say to me -
"You're so analytical."
"Stop being so analytical."
"You're going too deep. You over analyze things."
I'm tired of hearing these types of comments. Especially when they are said with a tone that makes me recoil and feel like I must be doing something wrong.
Well... no more because I'm done with feeling like it's a bad quality. A few weeks ago I started
Conclusion No. 1 - The only people that say that are people that are not deep.
Conclusion No. 2 - I do not resonate with these types of people.
Conclusion No. 3 - If you don't like it then don't talk to me.
I also realized what other types of people are analytical thinkers. They are problem solvers, inventors, and doctors. Doctors! The people that other people go to when they have a problem. What do you think those doctors do with those people when those people have problems - they analyze the situation. Analyze it in such a way that they had to go to school, a lot of school, to learn how to do it.
So - there you have it - if we were all problem solvers, inventors, and doctors the world would be a much better place. Don't you think?
Lastly, the opposite of deep is shallow and if you are someone who is telling me that I'm too deep, well...
You suppose the next person that says something like that to me I can say,
"Why are you so shallow?"
Ha! You're starting to sound like me. C just saw you're pic and said it's cute.
ReplyDeleteTell her I think she is cute!
DeleteI analyze things, but I don't necessarily vocalize it. Also, it can lead to worry and I HATE it when I worry too much.
ReplyDeleteI am guilty of worry due to over analyzing. I try to avoid it by paying attention to my triggers, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Whatever the case, I'm tired of people making me feel like crap about it.
DeleteCan you tell this is personal?
Hey chica!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to let you know that I've been keeping up with your blog (on my phone), but I can't comment from there. So, I've been pretty silent, but I'm here. :)
And today I'm on a real computer, so that's why I can comment. This post totally resonates with me. Lord knows I, too, swim in some pretty deep waters. :)