Monday, March 11, 2013

Sad...


but very, very true. 


Today I watched Super Soul Sunday on OWN. 

On this show Oprah interviewed Dr. Robin, a psychologist that had been on the Oprah show many, many times helping, healing and fixing others. It turns out Dr. Robin had some fixing of her own to handle. 

Throughout the interview I found myself nodding, agreeing, crying and thinking to myself - Hey - I do that too! - which made me believe that I'm on the right path. One of the enlightening points Dr. Robin made is that we need to surround ourselves with those that feed us emotionally and spiritually, but a lot of the time we are constantly making excuses for those that don't and then find ourselves emotionally anorexic. I must remind myself to continue listening to the voice that warns me of these types of people because that voice rings true and proves itself almost EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. 

We should never accept anything less than what we believe we are worth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment