Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It could be worse

She's right it could have been a lot worse. Thanks to that little tool I'm not a pathetic, crying, blithering idiot when things get me down. I reach down into my core, my mother's words again, and pull myself up from my bootstraps and get on with it. I remind myself of all that I have and how thankful I am for it. So, thank you for that little tool mom!

It wasn't difficult growing up. Now that I'm older I understand it was a little different, but not as difficult as some would think. Even though my mom and dad were going through their crap, they treated me like a princess. I had no idea what was going on, and at the time I didn't care much because it was all about me. I know, I know... selfish, but I was 15 for crying out loud. It was only until I was older that I figured it all out and by that time my dad was on his way to the other side.

My parents did their very best and considering where they both came from they did pretty darn well because I am a neat gal! If I might say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment