Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Avatar

Believe it or not we actually saw the movie. On a date night no less...impressive huh? That's two date nights in the last two months!

So, we are coming up on February. Mom? Amanda? Pick a date - :)

Anyway - Avatar - have you seen it? Okay... so I could do without the 3D, but the effects were pretty cool. However, the part I really enjoyed was the story. I really, really dug the story, the premise. It made me want to be from Pandora, part of the Na'vi people. Not because they have great bodies, although that helps, but how they are one with the land in which the live. How all Pandoran organisms are connected to their planet. How they treat it. How they fight for it.

It was interesting to me how much it moved me. It made use earthlings appear ugly in all our advanced and greedy technological glory.

If you are thinking of seeing it, see it on the big screen it's worth it. Seeing it in 3D, maybe not so much because they charge you an extra three bucks for 3D. However, the big screen yes I would definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment