What do you do with all that comes along with a teenage boy? This is our action plan - We have open communication, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. We talk about drinking, drugs, and addiction. We talk about lying, sneaking, stealing, and jail. We talk about puberty and all the changes his body will go through. Whenever the four-year-old is annoying and getting on the pre-teen's last nerve I tell the pre-teen to think about that when he's ready to have sex. We let him know he can ask us anything he wants. We've been lucky a few times because he's come to us after hearing something and asked that we clarify - I consider that a mark in our favor. We talk, he talks, but we're not sure it's getting through and it's a little nerve racking, but I know we just have to wait.
I'm betting that brave little six-year-old, who got up in front of everyone at our wedding to announce his happiness of our union, is going to make us beam.
For some reason this totally made me start crying.
ReplyDeleteI've a feeling you're doing a fabulous mothering job, you.