Working out was something I have always done in private. I have never been comfortable exercising in my own home with anyone in the house. Even the men that have loved me the most. Weird? Yes I know. It's me being self conscious and having that sick tape in my head that says if they see me jiggling all over the place then they'll love me less - I know, I know - okay whatever...
So anyway my point because I do have one. Do you ever do that? Start talking about something then get sidetracked about something or other and go off on a tangent. Then never get to the point that you originally began writing or talking about? Okay... so anyway...
The other night hubby had to go into the office - tax season, remember? He went in at nine after the boys went to bed. About 45 minutes after he left I hopped on the treadmill. After about five minutes into it he called from the office wanting me to email him a spreadsheet. I had the phone with me, you know just in case, but I actually hesitated answering it because he would know I was on the treadmill and hear my heavy breathing. I can't explain it, but it's kind of embarrassing for me. Maybe because its proof just how out of shape I am and I think that's disgusting so he'll think I'm disgusting. I've even told him in the past not to come in while I'm on the treadmill because I didn't want him to see me practically falling over. I know... I know... it just is what it is.
So anyway... finally... my point...
He calls and realizes I'm on the treadmill because my breathing is ever so sexy and says,
"Are you working out?"
"Yes" I reply.
"Okay... when you're done could you do me a favor and email me that spreadsheet?"
"No problem. Call me back in an hour so I don't forget."
"Okay, hunny. I'm crazy about you."
"Really, even though I sound like I'm gonna pass out."
"Yep."
That was it. Just like that. After I hung up I actually noted what had just happened. It was very liberating and it wasn't the most horrid thing in the world to happen. I feel like I crossed a barrier of some sort. In addition, he actually called back in an hour and hadn't flown off to Argentina or gone off to hike on the Appalachian Trail.
you mean i actually did something right - does it make up for not doing the rest of the dishes last night... :D
ReplyDeletehkscnl