Thursday, March 18, 2010

Neurotic

Wanna peak into my neuroses?

My anxiety is up. The other day I listened to a dictation of a woman who had cancer of the left breast. Ugh... let the games begin... Anxiety... I hate her...

The doctor dictates - Patient is a 63-year-old female with cancer of the left breast... and no joke - within 12 hours I starting thinking, "Hmmm... my left breast is bothersome," which then led into every odd sensation in my body - "Hmmm... my hip is bothering me, must be cancer of the left breast... hmmm... my my right pinky toe is cramping, must be cancer of the left breast... ummm... is that my shoulder, must be..." and on and on and on...

My husband will lovingly listen intently and wrap his arms around me while being very empathetic. Sometimes he uses his best Arnold Schwarzenegger impression from Kindergarten Cop -

"It's not a toomur."

Medical transcription is probably not the best profession for someone like me, huh? I know...

I have my annual mammogram scheduled March 30th.

2 comments:

  1. Now MY left breast feels funny . . . thanks alot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine too.

    Thanks a heap!

    But seriously... worry not about those sorts of things. TRUST ME. Worry is a bitch, the worst kind of bitch. It'll steal your soul, your joy, and eventually, your sanity. I know, I know... it's easier said than done. I say, everytime that thought even crosses your mind, get rid of it! Don't entertain it, even for a split second.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete