This past week it would appear I got sick AGAIN!!! That means I have been sick for almost a month!!! Can you believe that!?!?! This is NOT good for my psyche. My head goes to the worst case scenario and my mind starts racing about why I've gotten sick over and over and over. I start to convince myself it must be some terrible disease then I make my mind sick from all the worrying and imagining of the worst thing it could be. My only saving grace that calms me, as terrible as it sounds, is that my husband has it too. If he has it then it must not be some terrible disease. We just keep passing it back and forth. I have come to the conclusion that the last few times I have walked into my little guy's pediatrician office I have gotten sick. I have to make a mental note to try and not touch anything when I'm in there and immediately wash my hands when we leave. We are currently refraining from drowning the little one in kisses and Man-Oh-Man is that hard!
Needless to say I have YET to get back on that treadmill and it's kind of driving me crazy. However, I don't think it's a could idea with this terrible new cough that seems to have come to stay for a visit. I don't think the new cough would appreciate the extra work I'll be putting my lungs through although I feel like I want to get on and sweat up a storm just to sweat this thing out!! Getting sick is so frustrating especially when you can't just lay in bed all day. I felt the last cough start to subside and break up then this new one showed up this last week. The worst in all this is that I can't visit with my mom. She had her knee replaced and she can't be around any infection or she might catch it and it will go straight to her surgery site. :( Grrr...
On a positive note this illness is not accompanied with a sore throat like the last time or fevers and aches. It's all upstairs - congestion, cough, stuffiness. Yesterday I went to the drug store and picked up some Nyquil, expectorant, and cough drops. We have a big family event coming up this Sunday and Monday and I'm going to try as best as possible to be the closest I can at the top of my game because it's going to be a long 36 hours!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment