Do you know how hard it is to keep a 6-year-old boy busy all summer long? It's not as hard as keeping 4 children home for the summer (and you know who you are) but keeping mine home and busy was hard for me. We have had swimming, karate, movies, family, play-dates, parties, sleep-overs, and anything else to keep a little guy busy, at a discount. Although as busy and as hard as it is -
I get to witness, in real life, stuff like this -
That's his fifth belt! That boy is proud of himself and so are we.
----------------------------------------
That mom link above - that's Multiple Mama - her oldest goes to school with Jake. Even though she had four children home with her this summer she has still managed to maintain her soft spoken calm approach and it amazes me every. single. time. She is aiming and working hard to get No. 25 in Circle of Mom's / Top 25 SoCal Moms.
Could you go vote for her because I think she deserves it!
You're amazing! Maybe it's just because I spent the day getting a sunburn at the beach with four kids and I'm exhausted, but you totally made me tear up. With Jake and the belts and the mention. And the fact you actually think I'm calm! ? Love you!
ReplyDeleteYes, you are calm because not once have I heard you say one of your four children's names through gritted teeth. To me that is remarkable!
DeleteWelcome back, and I am glad the reason for not writing was more about fun with your son, instead of stress about crummy neighbors and doctors appointments.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sean! I have another huge factor which I will explain in my next post. This particular factor is a huge time suck!
Delete