Sunday, August 12, 2012

Glimmer

I see a glimmer of light.

It is a much needed glimmer.

I am making strides toward the glimmer.

Unfortunately, the glimmer is being clouded by my dermatologist appointment this Friday and possibly the removal of the fence/wall. Both on the same day.

Yep. I thought I would shake my nerves up REAL good.

Another added bonus to my nerves is finding out, when I made the dermatologist appointment, that it has been 3 years since my last visit - I thought it was 2 years.

This is not good for the glimmer.

Or my psyche.

------------------------------------------

I typed the above Wednesday, July 25th, but was scared to hit the almighty publish button because of some strange thing people call "jinxing it" - Not that I believe in that kind of stuff.

Then, I was going to write after my dermatologist appointment, but the doctor removed a spot on my arm and told me if I didn't hear from her within 2 weeks that meant the spot was fine.  I scared myself into NOT typing about it until the time had passed. Friday was the 2 week mark and I didn't get a phone call so here I am.

Yes, it would appear I believe in "jinxing it."  I mean who are we really kidding here.

Moving on... I'm here to report that the glimmer is getting brighter and brighter.  The situation with the neighbors has educated us in a sense we never knew we needed. We now know about zero lot lines, surveyors, city codes, etc.  Better even, we are teaching ourselves how to use the information to our advantage. Lastly, we have discovered that these awful people have created a path of destruction by harassing other neighbors.  So, we are documenting a pattern of the harassment and we have a few neighbors offering support in writing.  I am very hopeful.  Strength in numbers, right?  We'll see.  Cross your fingers.

Oh God... Now I'm wondering if I should hit the publish button...



4 comments:

  1. Oh, I've missed you! I have almost texted you about a dozen times, but I thought, "You know, she's probably out rocking her summer..." I like the idea of glimmer coming back. Don't like the idea of all this stress.

    So glad your skin is okay! And daaaaaaaaaaaamn those neighbors! Come on, people, be nice to Angela! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm... You are to sweet! Missed you too!

      Delete
  2. So sorry about your nightmare neighbors!! I have some experience along those lines. Glad to hear that your spot was just a spot, and that there is a hopeful glimmer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J. I'm not sure I have disliked anyone as much as I dislike them although when I really think about it I start to feel sorry for them.

      I love it when you come to visit!

      Delete