Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Held

It's PrompTuesday and I'm submitting on Tuesday! Even better I played by the rules. Right on! This week Sandiegomomma says -

I took today’s PROMPTuesday from One Word to keep it simple this week (especially after the labyrinth-like PROMPT from last Tuesday).

So this week, write on this: held

Just look at the word. And write. That’s all. (Oh were but it that simple, right?) (Or — “but were it that simple?”) (Is that even a phrase?) (Moral: DON’T OVERTHINK.)

Anyway, since it’s been awhile, let’s check out PROMPTuesday’s rules:

*Try to write your entry in 10 minutes. This encourages top-of-mind, primal thinking before the ego and judgmental brain kick in. Just set a timer, make your kid count to 600 slowly, whatever. It’s an honor system. And I trust you.
*Aim for 250 words or less.
*Please have fun. Don’t put pressure on yourself. Together, let’s rediscover the simple joy in the writing process.
*Post your submission in the comments OR post in your blog and leave a link to your blog in the comments.

HELD

I held him close to me. He was alert and scanning the room as best he could with what little eyesight he had. He couldn’t focus, but I could tell he knew it was me. His breathing was soft and relaxed and the only sound within the silence of the hospital room. It was late and it was just the two of us. No nurses, no doctors, no cafeteria lady, no janitors – just us – a precious moment. At that point, I had no idea how my life was about to change and that I would never forget this most moving memory of becoming a mom for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment