Our Thanksgiving went very well. We played softball at a park down the street then up to the sister-in-law's house, who lives up the street from us, for turkey and all the fixings. I must say softball was pretty fun. We weren't sure what it would be like with all the rains, but it wasn't bad at all. It was also a nice stroke for my ego to be the most athletic out of all the women and once the girls realized this, they wanted me on their team. It's nice to know I'm good for something with them. You see...there is not
Me: (talking about my husband) "He comes from a world where he had a live-in housekeeper while growing up so it's really hard to get him to do certain things."
Other: "Well, that is who we are and where we are from. When I was growing up we had a housekeeper. She was colored because that is who did those things, but you know we don't say 'colored' anymore we say 'black', but the blacks don't do that anymore, the Mexicans do it."
Yah! I know...it's okay...I'll wait until you pick your jaw up off the floor because I had to...okay, you back?
So, you see? They are a totally different breed. Where my guy came from, don't know. I'm not sure how he came from that and turned out to be one of the most laid back, down to earth, fun-loving, really great guy he is. Maybe because while he was growing up he was tall, gangly, kind of awkward, and had a taste of humble pie (he had to deal with his brother as a model). However, now things have changed...he has most definitely come into his own and has such a handsome presence about him.
As for the family, well...can't do much about it. I've heard when you marry, you marry the family and although they're not all the great, my husband is pretty darn great and you gotta take the good with the bad right? Thankfully, I don't live with any of them I live with him and living with him...I got it pretty good!
No comments:
Post a Comment