
This is a fellow mom and blogger, Heather. She is in the fight of her life trying to kick Stage IV Melanoma Cancer in the ass. I connect with her because I feel like this could be me.
When I was younger I used to worship the sun. I would slather myself in cooking oil and literally bake myself - I'm shuddering at the thought. In my 20s and early 30s, as if baking in cooking oil out in the sun wasn't enough, I would go to tanning salons. The tanning bed was a nice little 20 minute power catnap in the middle of the day. It was so relaxing for me and who doesn't look better with a tan? I stopped about six or seven years ago. I miss it.
These days I make trips to the dermatologist for mole patrols and it freaks me out every single time.
This past week Heather has been at MD Anderson in Houston, Texas and away from her babies Kyle and Ella. She sure could use some prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment