Thursday, September 10, 2009

Just call

I am the type of person that will call someone out of the blue even if I haven't spoken to them in 10, 15, or 20 years. Seriously, just like that - "Hi, remember me?" I just want to know how they are doing, where they have been, and if they're happy because in some way, shape, or form they touched my life and I don't forget anyone. I cannot stand this picture

when I'm looking for people on facebook. I mean, really, come on...how in God's name am I going to know it's you if you don't post your picture. Seeing this makes me growl.

It is interesting to see how people are different after life has had their way with them. Those girls that I hung out and partied with 20 years ago are women now, some mothers, just like me, and we have a whole different plate of things to talk about. After 10+ years it becomes a different kind of friendship and it's really kind of cool.

Last week I made one of those calls and I am so freakin glad I did. I found her mom's number in Florida in an old day planner and left a message. I got a call 20 minutes later and I couldn't have been happier. Today, we had lunch and spent three hours catching up. It was great, just great! Love you Shari!

So if anyone is thinking about it - just call - you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment