Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Love Lucy

I love I Love Lucy. I used to watch it ALL the time when I was younger. I know every episode. I know all the trivia and all the facts and tidbits of the actors themselves. I'm not sure what the appeal is with it because I'm not a lover of many black and white shows or films. There are very few, oddly It's a Wonderful Life being my favorite movie of all time. There is something about I Love Lucy and I'm not sure what it is because I've watched it with other people and they get that same blank stare I get when I watch the Honeymooners. I've been catching I Love Lucy lately. It's on right now as a matter of fact. I'll keep it on in the background while doing chores or working the computer. I love how it actually makes me laugh out loud. I think I like the simplicity of it. Remember simplicity? Playing outside until the streetlights came on, waiting in the car while your mom went into the grocery store, walking two blocks to the corner store. I think I would have liked being a housewife in the 50s and 60s. I would have been a good housewife. Maybe feistier and more outspoken than the rest of the housewives, but I would have loved the simplicity. The no cell phones, no fax machines, no computers, non-hectic simplicity of it all.

Pssst - I really love my computer though...

No comments:

Post a Comment