Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A poem

I tried this writing assignment I found on this GREAT blog

Today, write a poem including the following lines in any order:
“I tie a ribbon in a foolish way”
“The delicious fragility of this travesty”
“Where we still laugh and wish”

Bunny ears

I tie a ribbon in a foolish way
Bunny ears I’ve heard them say

I don’t care because it’s who I am
I was just a kid when I learned to tie them

My dad taught me how and now he’s gone
I miss him every day but I carry on

I dream of him being here to play and see
But that is the delicious fragility of this travesty

It’s my hope that someday I’ll understand
Really what he did and why he was so mad

I said goodbye with just a little kiss
But long for the time where we still laugh and wish

6 comments:

  1. I love how you incorporated the "required" lines. Really, such a bittersweet poem. I'd love to know more about your dad.

    And thx for participating in PROMPTuesday. I absolutely love reading new voices!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. san diego momma - Thank you for your comment. I will definitely be writing more about dad.

    I'll be visiting your blog from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I read your blog and coming from you that means a lot! You're a wonderful writer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say, "awww!" I love that it was about your dad and now I want to know more about him, too. My dad...I've figured out why he was always so angry, but moved beyond it.

    So glad you jumped into the PROMPT pool with the rest of us!

    Da Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Thanks Joanie! I'm so glad I did it too! The comments I got made it worth it!

    ReplyDelete