This is Pebbles. Such a fat cat! At one point she weighed 11 pounds! Today, I had to say goodbye to her after 18 years together. It was time. Seeing this picture only confirms that we did the right thing. For the past year, she looked absolutely nothing like this picture. It makes me realize just how sick she was, which I knew, but I just couldn't bring myself to send her away. I kept thinking, or rather hoping she would die peacefully one night in her sleep. Yet, every morning we would wake up, check on her, and she was still ticking and feisty as all get up...digging into the trash, meowing because she was hungry, meowing because she wanted a spankin fresh kitty box, and God knows what else she was meowing about. She was always meowing for one reason or another. Some mornings if I hadn't heard her meowing I would expect to find her somewhere curled up, but that never happened and she just got worse and worse. We spent our last few minutes together laying on the hallway floor where she listlessly lay her head, but still managed to purr while I pet her. Man she had a great purr, like an engine. It's hard to look at this picture because I get emotional all over again. Then again, just talking about her does it too. I imagine that will subside over time, but right now it kinda stinks!
Thank you for keeping me company for all those years Beautiful Lady. I'll never forget you.
Thank you for keeping me company for all those years Beautiful Lady. I'll never forget you.
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that! Our buddy, Sam went in Holly's arms 2 1/2 years ago. We had to put Desi down this past spring. We will be praying for you!
ReplyDeleteAngela! SO know how you feel! Bless your heart. These fur people are our family, and you don't just "get over it." I missed three days of work when Sam died. And Pebbles looks so much like Dezi it hurts my heart. I'm so sorry Sweetie.
ReplyDelete