Thursday, February 5, 2009

What would you do?

Our 11-year-old is a very finicky eater. To his defense, his father is the most difficult, finicky, bland, boring, eater I have ever met. I love him, but not his palate. My mom calls hubby persnickety. Yes, he has gotten better as he has become older (I cannot believe the crap his mother put up with when he was young), but he is still very selective. Anyhoo - it makes sense why the 11-year-old is so picky.

Our problem you ask?

What do we feed this child? I think what is most frustrating is that he can pound a jalepeno burger from Chilis, but gags if he has to eat ground meat in spaghetti sauce. Errr? He can inhale a chicken sandwich or chicken wrap from various different places, but God forbid he eat chicken at home. What the hell is that? It would be one thing if he never ate meat anywhere else, but that is simply not the case. It also probably doesn't help that every other week he is catered to at his mom's house because he is the only one she has to cook for. With the exception of one or two days, she makes him pretty much anything he wants, healthy of course, but still he is catered to.

So what do we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment