February was an eventful month. We had Valentine's day, a cruise, and my -four zero- birthday. I know Oooo Ahhh..., but not a big deal for me. I was raised listening to my mom say, "It's just a number." Maybe 50 will be a big celebration - afterall it is half a century you know? Something to be celebrated. As for 40...not so much for me. All the ladies in my husband's family celebrated their 40th with a big birthday bash, brunch, or a cruise. Me? The last thing I wanted to do was have a big party and be forced to invite a bunch of women I would prefer not spending my free time with. I spent the big four zero with four of my favorite living mammals. I didn't mind turning 40 one bit because like mom said, "It's just a number" right? However, I must admit hearing it over and over and over...it didn't sound like "just a number."
Tonight while driving to dinner -
Rugrat: "Daddy? What's your number?"
Daddy: "Forty-two."
Rugrat: "Mommy? What's your number?"
Mommy: "Forty." (then mumbling under my breath to Daddy) "I didn't like the sound of that."
Rugrat (beginning to chant and sing): "Forty, forty, forty, forty, forty, forrrrrrtyyy."
Thanks buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment