Well here we are...March 2009...my goodness. Time goes by so quickly doesn't it? It is true...the older you get, the quicker it goes.
My dad use to sigh and say, "Ooohh...there just aren't enough hours in the day." I would always wince and think, "What on earth is he talking about? There is plenty of time." I now know what he meant. Sadly, that happens a lot. As I get older, things he did and stuff he said makes much more sense to me and I wish he was here so I could go to him and say, "I now know what you meant dad." There was a lot of stuff he would make me do and I had no idea why I was doing them, but now a lot of them are becoming crystal clear. Sometimes the emotions catch me and I break.
For example - one day I was picking the rugrat up from school and this older man followed me into the office with a big box of stuff. As I walked into the office the director of the school, she is close to the same age as I am, was standing in the office. She and I said hello to each other then she looked over my shoulder and said, "Hi Dad!" and gave the man a hug. I turned and said, "Ohhh...that's your dad?" and with a cuddly and warm fuzzy voice she said, "Yea...that's dad." It was really sweet.
On the way home I lost it...uncontrollably...yet it's been 14 years since he's been gone, but I still miss him, the best of him, terribly.
No comments:
Post a Comment