So... who is your teen idol? Childhood idol? Who did you plaster all over your wall? At one time my decor was Shaun Cassidy. Remember him girls? Man he was dreamy. I had his pictures all over my bedroom. I went to his concert in my peach satin shorts and peach satin jacket. I threw myself on my bed and cried because I didn't get a rose from the stage at one of his concerts. I think I was nine or so.. Hey Mom - How old was I?
I just looked him up on youtube and found this -
I watched this and giggled and laughed so hard I started to cry laugh. I sang this song all the way through still knowing the words verbatim - If anyone knows this song like I do then we are kindred spirits - He was foxy!!
Okay...so to my point...
Hubby comes back from the older one's basketball game the other day -
Hubby: Remember that boy Jack that was going to come over after basketball because his parents couldn't pick him up?
Me: Yes.
Hubby: Well...listen to this -
He proceeds to tell me about a conversation he had with Jack's mother at basketball-
Hubby: It's too bad Jack couldn't come over. Anytime you need us to pick him up we would be more than happy to have him over.
Jack's mother: Great!
Hubby: So where is Patrick today? (Patrick is Jack's father).
Jack's mother: He's working.
Hubby: What does he do?
Jack's mother: He is working with his mother. They are performing out of town.
Hubby: What do they do?
Jack's mother: Entertain, sing...
Hubby: Who is his mother?
Jack's mother: Shirley Jones
My heart fell into the pit of my stomach...
Then hubby proceeds to tell me that they chatted for a while and talked about this and that....meanwhile I am giving him the universal hand signs for hurry up with the story ...blah...blah...blah...the game ends he says good bye and tells her it was nice chatting and leaves!...my face is turning white because the blood is draining...He gets the older one together and they're ready to leave the gym...then it hits him - Now before I go on let me tell you about hubby and celebrities. He is the guy who introduces himself to them. (Oh my God, just writing that makes me roll my eyes). Me - I leave them alone (apparently except for Barry Williams AKA: Greg Brady. There is this stupid rumor going around that I almost accosted him on my 30th birthday at The Sagebrush Cantina).
On that note - hubby makes a beeline right back to Jack's mother and says -
Hubby: Okay so let me get this straight. Shirley Jones is Patrick's mother?
Jack's mother: (smirking) yes...
Hubby: Shirley Jones is also the mother of David Cassidy?
Jack's mother: (smiling) yes she is...
at this point my heart is racing and I am starting to giggle profusely
Hubby: The same David Cassidy that has a brother named Shaun Cassidy?
Jack's mother: (laughing) yep...that's him. Shaun has actually been to a few of the games.
Me: (deadpan) What?
Small world huh?
So my darling daughter.. You were 9 and Jennifer was 8 and Tiki was 7 I believe. You all worn Satin shorts and jackets in different colors. I'm wondering as I was laughing very hard if you're going to go to any of the bb games for the oldest. lololol..
ReplyDeleteLove
Mom
So I can chase after a three-year-old and not be able to even watch the game? No thanks!
ReplyDelete