Monday, March 30, 2009

Just a mom

...trying to keep it in check.

For this mom having a child is impossible to quantify. It's like that conversation that David Letterman and Julia Roberts had talking about kids. Letterman says, "You can't talk about it. Everybody that has had a kid knows it. So there is no point in trying to articulate it, but it's like some sort of hydro-electric force in you that is unqualified" and Roberts replies, "You just crack wide open."

Is that the truth or what? That's me. It's amazing. Powerful. Humbling...and on and on and on...

Lately, the rugrat has been repeating me back to me. The other day he said, "Mom...you driving me crazy." Whatta? I have to watch what I say too? As great as this is it's hard too. Women that have two, three? God bless your souls. You can only truly understand once you've done it day after day. No one tells you that as long as they are in the room you will never have, let alone finish, an adult conversation, ever. No one tells you about the constant, constant, constant chatter, demands, corralling, interruptions, and timeouts.

Then, of all things this country song helps me keep it in check. We're not much country over here, but there is something about this guy that we really like.

Psst...hunny if you're watching this at work then close your office door so people don't see you cry.

1 comment:

  1. I really miss when you were little. It was great. Now I miss when I don't get to spend enough time with my grandson.
    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete