God, give us grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish one from the other.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Amen.
Amen.
In Memoriam
to the icons of my lifetime
Ed McMahon
Farrah Fawcett
Michael Jackson
God Bless
It's unsettling that these people I grew up with are leaving this Earth.
ReplyDeleteI am pondering my mortality (never a good thing) and sending blessings to heaven for those that passed this past week.