Monday, June 15, 2009

On my own

I'm on my own for a few days while my guy's away on business. Vancouver is so lucky!!

Amazing how one can move into overdrive so as to accomplish everything that needs to get done isn't it? Especially with a little one and not selling him to the first bidder. Amazing that some do it every day with more than one and even more amazing that some do it with three to five and those kids actually turn out well and all, mother included, come out alive. Amazing!

I read an article the other day in the Sunday paper - Don't do that much anymore - about a book Bad Mother. She writes honestly and very frank about the trials of motherhood. It's refreshing how true she is to herself and every one else. I learned, unfortunately not soon enough, that there are women who love making you look or feel like a nutjob. When in fact they are just covering up their own weaknesses. It is a down right drag that a lot of women don't want to come clean. Not me. I'll come clean with just about anything and it sends me into a craze when another poo-poos that weakness only for me to find out at a later time they had the same issues. Arrggg... I wish these parents, mostly moms, could understand it's the sharing with each other that can guide us through these trials. It's all about helping each other and if I can shed light in any way, shape, or form for another mother and make her feel better about herself and her kids, isn't that going to benefit those children? It's seems so simple to me. Why do some have to make it so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment