She used to sleep right by my shoulder until Jake came - I have a certain amount of guilt about that. She, like Pebbles, was 18 almost 19. She was fine up until about a week ago when she just stopped moving, unlike Pebbles whose illness was gradual. When she did move I would find her in odd places. So yesterday off to the vet we went. Today I had to say good-bye to her due to kidney failure.
She wasn't the friendliest of cats. I picked her up from a guy at work who had no patience for a kitten and he wasn't all that nice to her. My intent was to find her another home because I already had a cat. Sadly, before he had her she was being locked in a closet during the days because the woman who had her didn't want her roaming the house while she was at work. All that in just six months of her little life. Maybe that's why she was such a crabby pants. However, she LOVED me and I her. We had a very special relationship. I was her savior and she was mine. After my dad died I was alone for quite a while, because when your father dies of AIDS anything intimate is terrifying. She was there to cuddle every night without fail. In the evenings she would sit in the hall right next to the bedroom. Once I crawled into bed she would wait for me to settle and like clockwork jump up and find her spot next to me, usually curled up in the crook of my C shaped body. Needless to say when she came to me she was "livin la vida loca."
So...now we have one cat, Cubby and I was worried she would be lonely without another kitty in the house but something tells me she'll be just fine.
I am so sorry to hear about Kid - these fur-people hold a special place in our hearts!
ReplyDeleteSorry that Kid is gone. I know how much you'll miss her.
ReplyDelete