Wednesday, June 24, 2009

blue

I've been in a blue funk.

The last few months have wore me down. I lost both my grandma and grandpa two weeks apart within the last month. They lived long lives and it was time, but still... I think watching my mom endure all that was all kinds of yucky too. She would return from her stays with them and talk about when her time comes and what she wanted me to do. Yuck! Just not something I want to have to think about. Then Jeff leaving on a plane to Canada after the whole Air France tweaked my last nerve. That threw me into a "what if" phase...

what if I have a stroke...what if I'm having a heart attack...what if I have subclavian steel syndrome...what if I have breast cancer...what if I have a hernia...what if I get skin cancer...what if...what if...what if...what if...blah...blah...blah... sheesh.... so sick of it... Of course typing medical reports for patients with AIDS, whose immune systems are complete toast so they contract everything, does not help my frame of mind.

Oh...and lets not forget to mention this past weekend. It was fully packed with all the in-laws. ALL OF THEM. Remember them. There was a huge bat mitzvah. This created a lot of stress for me. Yes, sad, but true.

then Kid... that hit me hard and it was odd that it hit me harder than when I lost Pebbles. Jeff mentioned probably because it came so quick. Pebbles was gradual. I would cry off and on as I watched her through the year, but Kid...one day I took her to the vet and the next day I had to say goodbye.

So, right now I'm trying hard to scrape my way out of all the yuckiness. The doctor prescribed Valium, but I'm such a freak I won't take it. I'd rather find someone to talk with. Thankfully, the doctor complimented me by saying I have the ability to step outside and reason with myself. So thats a good thing right?

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're in a crappy headspace, that's not fun at all. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm am so sorry to hear how hards things are. Sometimes the hits just keep comin'.

    Remember that you are not a quitter and that you will get through this difficult period one way or another. Just one step at a time my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so great. Thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about all this...If you want, I will put blue funk in a time out. I'm real good at giving time outs.

    Also, I can totally relate (you know I can). And finally, SHIT! What is subclavian steel syndrome? I'm afraid to Google it, because now I think I have it.

    xoxoxoxoxo
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you can totally relate. Don't look it up. I can guarantee that you don't have it. I actually mentioned it to my doctor and that was when she took out her prescription pad and wrote up the Valium.

    ReplyDelete