I'm stumped regarding this post. That is probably why it has taken me longer to write this description. I know I am a better daughter since having my son. After having him I realized just how much my mother and father love me and I have more respect for my mother than ever. I lost my father 13 years ago and still miss him every day. He would have really enjoyed a grandson. I am very well aware of how much he loved me. I can honestly say he probably loved me more than anything on earth until my sister showed up 12 years later. Then there were two people he loved more than anything on earth. My dad's death brought my mom and I closer, but for different reasons that you might expect. Maybe more on that at a later time.
After he died, she and I sort of switched roles because she kind of had to find herself again. When she was 50 she wanted to get a tattoo, I said, "NO." When she was 51 she wanted to drive far away and meet some creep she met on the Internet, I said, "NO." At 52 she met some guy she wanted to date and I couldn't stand him so I said...what? Yep, you got it..."NO." She'll be 60 this December and she is still with him. He has kind of grown on me as well. He is just as nuts as she is, he makes her laugh, and they have fun together. So, as the daughter, I have learned to keep my opinions to myself and know if she is happy that should be all that matters. I really want her to be happy because, my God, she has had her share of heartbreak. Every year that passes makes me fear the moment she leaves this earth and moves on.
Mom - I hope you live to be 100 years old because, God willing, I'll be 80 then we'll be two crotchety old broads together!
No comments:
Post a Comment