Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Student

I love to learn. If I could be a full-time student I would do it in a flash. We are learning everday of our lives. I really enjoy learning new words. I used to carry a small dictionary in my purse. When I was younger I would ask my Dad what a word meant and his response to me was always, and I do mean always, "Look it up." It drove me absolutely crazy. However, I now have this insatiable thirst for learning new words. Love it!

I'm also a really big fan of learning from my elders. My theory is, if they can share their experiences with me then maybe I'll be more careful not to make the same mistakes. This goes for all aspects of life; love, marriage, kids, career, friends...the list goes on. Ask questions, listen closely, and pretend not to know everything and I promise you'll learn something new every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment