Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Duke




This is Duke! He is a lab/shepherd mix. We have had him for one year now. He came to us by chance. I like to think my dad sent him to us.

A police officer found Duke on the street badly beaten, unresponsive, and requiring surgery. He was taken to a shelter and fixed up. He was scared and not responding to any of the visitors, so he was scheduled to be euthanized. The day before he was scheduled a woman from a Lab Rescue organization was at the shelter picking up another dog. She saw Duke and took him with her. After some rehabilitation at the Lab Rescue, he was sent to a foster home. The foster home is in our neighborhood. He was out on one of his walks when I saw him. So sweet, but no time for a dog, I had a one-year-old. The day he was to be shipped to Pet Smart to be adopted the woman who fostered him rang our doorbell. He never made it to Pet Smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment