Okay, today is the day I am going to start sharing my blog with others. I didn't want to for a while because I was shy about what I had written thus far. There was only one person, besides my husband, who knew about this blog and read it. Oddly, she and I have never met face to face, but connected through a family photo session. I guess I felt if she really didn't know me it wouldn't hurt. She mentioned that the blog was really personal and that made me a bit self conscious (no worries, no harm done). I was kind of using the blog as a journal, personal thoughts, maybe therapeutically. However, I have come to the conclusion that I am missing a lot in the land of blogging because of my reluctance to share.
In the last 48 hours something dawned on me...about a month ago I shared a story with one person, through that one person tons of prayer, thoughts, and support came flowing through for this story. It was a really awesome feeling to know that because of that one email that I shared with that one person, so much came from it! I mean a really awesome feeling!!!
Tonight I realized not sharing of myself keeps others from sharing with each other. Who knows what kind of connection, help, or support someone may get from reading my blog. I've been connected to lots of blogs from others and those blogs are the blogs I read.
This day, today, tonight I am giving myself.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi -
I love reading your blog and I'm so glad you are getting it out there! I didn't mean to scare you off with the word 'personal". LOL I meant it in a "personal, as in uniquely yours" sort of way, not "personal, as in deepest darkest secrets" sort of way. (In less you want to share that too!) I look forward to future posts.
ReplyDeleteso Karen