29 Day Giving Challenge - Today I was at CVS Drugstore and outside was a homeless woman. I thought about giving her the money in my purse, but figured she would use it to buy whatever put her there on the street in the first place. So I approached her and asked her if there was anything she needed in the store. I suggested something to eat, like a Lunchable or something, and she liked that idea and requested ham instead of turkey...well okay then! I picked up a Lunchable with ham, two bottles of water, a small pack of Hawaiian bread, and some soft chocolate chip cookies. She was thankful and and seemed very touched although...
The worst part - when I brought her the bag, she said, "I don't drink water." That was kind of yucky because I think everyone drinks water. I replied with, "Well...that's what I got."
The best part - My two-year-old watched the whole thing. I have heard it's not what we parents say, it's what we do that they pay attention to.
No comments:
Post a Comment