Thursday, August 6, 2009

smart?

Whenever I see these "smart" cars I shake my head and say, "Dumb, just dumb" or "There's a 'dumb' car." Ummm...hello...there is a reason why golf carts are not allowed on the highway. So why should these be allowed? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

"In an April 2009 40mph frontal offset crash test between a Fortwo and a Mercedes C class, the IIHS rated the Smart Fortwo "Poor," noting that "Multiple injuries, including to the head, would be likely for a real-world driver of a Smart in a similar collision." April 2009! That was four months ago. I think these dumb cars have been on the road for a lot longer than that and now they come out with this study. Like it wasn't obvious in the first place? Good Lord. No wonder the government had to bail out all the car companies. They're dumb just like their cars.

These cars would make sense and be 'smart' only in a world where they could be on a road with all other cars being alike. However, we don't live in that world do we? We live in this one.

2 comments:

  1. Heh - I heard on the news that some cities are struggling with the new phenom of "Smart tossing". People are picking up smart cars parked on the side of the road and tossing them into canals etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!

    I'm visualizing someone throwing a smart car into a canal. That would be fun to see.

    ReplyDelete