Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bob Jovi

I found this ticket stub a few weeks ago while cleaning out a dresser drawer.  I almost threw it away, but couldn't because it holds tons of memories from my younger years.


It was 1987.  I was 18 years old.  Bob was my most memorable musical experience.

Bon Jovi was HUGE back then.  At the time, I had a boyfriend  sleeping partner, that looked like Bon Jovi.  His name was Bob and we called him Bob Jovi.  He played the bass guitar in a band - Love Bandit, yes, Love Bandit.  Did I really just admit that? 


I had just moved out into my very first apartment.  I was carefree and had freedom that I had never known before.  I was drinking, smoking, and smokin' A LOT. It was one of the most carefree and dangerous times of my life.  I'm amazed and thank God all the time that I made it through and I'm sure my mom thanks God all the time as well.    

It was a blind date that my roommate begged me to go on.  She had met his roommate at the grocery store.  My roommate liked rock-n-roller kinda guys.  I did not until I met Bob.  We spent our days on his cool Harley-like motorcycle, at band practice, doing sound checks, and playing the clubs on the Sunset Strip.  I was IN it.

Things have changed because these days I eat Activia and make sure I eat enough fiber.  I curse motorcycles because they are dare-devils on the freeway and endangering my child.  I'm hoping the next band practice I go to is for Jake when he is playing the violin and if he ever asks about the Sunset Strip I'll tell him there is no such place.

This post was inspired by Rachel Clear Lautaret Bohemiet the grapefruit Queen!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Awesome. Bob Jovi. That is awesome. But not as awesome as that FREAKING PICTURE!! I only ever saw guys like that on TV! I had no clue they really existed in real life, and you actually dated one! Ahhh, God bless the 80's. Glad you survived!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete