In the past few months I have made a concerted effort to stay away from Coca-Cola.
Because that little red can is my weakness.
A Coca-Cola from a fast food joint, the ice and the fizz on a hot day. That first sip.
It's like crack.
To try and stay away from my little red friend I have been drinking things like -



That small change... guess what? Approximately 8 pounds gone without even trying.
Just from cutting back on crack.
That's GREAT! I am curious... did you drink diet coke or regular, when you drank coke?
ReplyDeleteAlways regular.
ReplyDeleteIf and when I drink diet coke it's because I tried someone else's food and I have to rinse something gross down my throat and that was the closet liquid I could get to. Seriously.
Although, I have heard that if you drink diet sodas, a lot, it can sometimes be counter active. I thought I remember hearing or reading that just because it's diet, it's the "soda" that retains the weight.
Exactly. My mother in law is addicted to diet soda and just gets bigger and bigger... and less healthy. We have been trying to encourage her to stop drinking it, even citing studies that show it CAUSES weight gain and other ailments. I have a few friends who stopped drinking diet coke at the new year and have lost 20lbs already, just from that change. So I was gonna add you to the list of "See?! Stopping soda works!" people. I still might anyways. :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on giving up the crack! Especially when it is hot, or after a long run, nothing sounds better than a big McDonald's Coke. Their current super-tanker for 69 cents makes it hard to resist. I haven't been drinking it nearly as much lately, but I will have to watch it when the temperatures climb.
ReplyDeleteGreat job, and congratulations on losing the 8 pounds!
(This was the post where the comment disappeared)