Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tricksters




I make a trip to the supermarket every week and try to keep the total under $100.

The man is not allowed to go to the store because he comes home with this stuff.  

For the most part I do okay, but sometimes I'm limited on time and get tricked.  This makes me go over budget and then I can't bask in the glory of keeping it under $100.

The above is an example of such supermarkets tricks.  The $2.89 price is for Five-Cheese Garlic Toast and the below price is just regular plain old garlic toast. However, there on the shelf of the $2.00 price is the Five-Cheese Garlic Toast and if you don't read the fine print it will cost you a buck.  Today I was in the shopping zone and caught it, but sometimes I'm limited on time or am repeatedly screaming at reminding my son to get back in the cart and this makes it hard to catch those supermarket tricksters.

Do you think they do it on purpose?



2 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY do! At Safeway, I bought apples on sale for $1.99 lb. Except the receipt showed that I paid $2.99 lb. I went back for a refund and the cashier said this happened a LOT. So how many people don't look at their receipts closely and regularly overpay??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet A LOT of people don't pay attention. I wonder how much money is collected based on this principle alone.

      Yay! So glad you came to visit! I hope you're doing well!

      Delete