Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Confessions

i don't like daylight savings

There I said it.

I hear people all the time -

"I can't wait for the days to get longer."

Or I read blogs -

"The short days are depressing."

Inside I'm thinking just the opposite.

I started feeling this way when I stopped my love affair with the sun.  When I was younger I would lay in the sun anywhere and anytime.  The tanning salon was where I spent my lunch breaks.  I would take a 20 minute nap wrapped in a cozy heater.  I loved it.  I miss it.

Now my moisturizer has an SPF, my makeup has an SPF, and I get mole patrols.

Sometimes I get mad and curse the sun because I feel like it's useless to me now.

i don't like daylight savings.


1 comment:

  1. I used to be the same way, as far as ALWAYS IN THE SUN. I lived for the sun. Here in the Pacific NW though, I still do. I mean, I don't tan in it like I used to, but I need to see it in the sky. But that's because we'll go MONTHS without seeing a drop of sunlight or a touch of blue sky and it kills me. This winter I've been really missing seeing a bit of sunshine.

    But I HATE daylight savings. Whoever invented it didn't have children!

    ReplyDelete