Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wiping Butts

I am failing miserably on teaching my boy how to wipe his own butt.

He is six years old and he can give himself a shower, put away silverware, take out the trash, bring in the big trashcans from the curb and various other jobs.  He gets a sticker for each.  He fills up the sticker chart he gets a trip to Toys R Us.  Not a bad deal right?

But I can't get him to wipe his own butt to save my life and I think it's me. My neuroses. I'm not allowing him control of this task.  I think I'm scarred from when he pulled a strip of toilet paper off, crumpled it up like you would a piece of paper, and start tucking it into his butt-wiping area, only to pull a long strip of poop-covered toilet paper out of his butt and crumple it up once again, like you would a piece of paper.

Just thinking of that again is making my eyes water a little bit.

I googled this subject and found that this is typical and normal for his age, but the sing-song little voice reciting - "Mommmyyyy, I'm done going poooop" - is getting old.



1 comment:

  1. Haha! I am a far ways away from this stage of life. Thankfully.

    One thing you could do is keep a container of wet-wipes by the toilet. Those are smaller and more comfy, and may help clean up the remnants (gag) after a toilet paper "wipe".

    Your description was hilarious. I only wish I had already eaten breakfast.

    ReplyDelete