Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dads

What celebrity Dad would you have picked for yourself as a child?

Mike Brady


I loved the Brady Bunch.  I think because it was everything my life was not.

Lots of siblings.  I was an only child.
A live-in housekeeper.  What was that?  
A stay at home mom.  My mom worked.
An educated professional dad.  My dad worked construction.
The best part:  An answer to all life's strife wrapped up in 30 minutes.

My dad had nothing in common with Mike Brady.

However, as in the title of this very blog, I grew up - I would learn that the people on the show were actors and had their very own lives with their very own problems.  I would learn about Robert Reed and all the information about his personal life and death.  I would learn a year later my father would be diagnosed with the very same thing.

I would learn they had more in common than I would have ever imagined.





6 comments:

  1. Dr. Jake Houseman, Jerry Orbach, Baby's father in "Dirty Dancing." He was SO great! Made mistakes and drew the wrong conclusions, but figured it out and made up for it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "when I am wrong, I say I'm wrong".

      You're right. He was awesome.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry about your dad. I read your back posts on your dad and understand he passed a while ago, but that doesn't make it any easier.
    But I agree, Mike Brady would be an awesome dad to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In 2015 it will be 20 years since he has been gone and although I have learned how to miss him in a healthier way, new milestones in my life bring up those awful feelings all the time.

      Thank you for your kind comment.

      Delete
  3. Mike Brady is a GREAT pic! That family was so picture perfect on television. Who DIDN'T want to be a part of it!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?

      I'm looking forward to attempting another prompt.

      Delete