Thursday, January 19, 2012

Another Sign

Yesterday, I went to the lab for blood work.

Waiting for results is not good for my psyche.

On the way home, in my truck alone, I asked my dad, out loud, for some sort of sign that all would be okay - I don't want to keep you in suspense, I didn't get one.

A while ago I wrote about a sign from my dad.  I felt then, that yes, this was a sign from him, but now I just don't know for sure.  I'm thinking I need/want something a little more clear-cut.  I want there to be no doubt about it, that yes, it was a sign.  I hear stories about how passed loved ones visit in dreams.  Then the people dreaming are left with a comforting feeling and they get to live their lives out in this sort of peace.  I want that.  I want to see his face.  I want to hear his voice.  I want to hear his laugh.  I want him to be the dad he was before he got sick.

I really don't think it's too much to ask.  I just want one clear-cut, for sure, no doubt about it, now I can live the rest of my life in peace sign.  Just one.  How difficult is that?

Now - I am going to watch the rest of Grey's Anatomy because I am sure watching a show about tumors, liver failure, and death will do wonders for my psyche.


No comments:

Post a Comment