This year I made two New Year's resolutions.
The first one is a good old-fashioned "lose weight" New Year's resolution. So far, so good.
The second resolution is to be more active in the blogging world. I would like to reach out more, connect, and not be afraid of whatever it is that holds me back from connecting with other bloggers. There are some blogs I follow and I have NEVER left a comment. NEVER. What is that? One of these blogs is my absolute favorite ....love Maegan. She is a fashion blogger and even when blogging about fashion she has this amazing ability to keep it real and I like that. I like real. I visit this blog every stinkin day and I have never once left a comment. Not sure why. Especially considering that sometimes she posts about personal struggles, very near and dear to her, and my heart screams for the right comment to post. Unfortunately, that perfect comment never comes and then I move on. I think the reason for not reaching out is that it makes me feel like just another follower. Someone else who gets lost in the crowd. Unforgettable. It's kinda like how I feel with famous people. I will not approach someone famous, like some people I know, just because they're famous - although I might feel differently if I were to ever come across Hugh Jackman.
The other day I saw a TJ Maxx commercial with a fashion blogger. I immediately thought "Huh?! Maegan would have been so much better for that." I was saying it like I know her and I found my loyalty to her kinda interesting. I decided it was time to reach out and now is a perfect time.
I hope you are finding success in any resolutions you might have made for 2012!
That is a good resolution. I am definitely more of a "lurker" when it comes to reading blogs and other online forums. It really should be more of a conversation.
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed your comments on my blog, and as I am sure you know, it is nice to know someone is reading. Reach out! :)