Monday, January 16, 2012

Seven Years

Today is our seven year anniversary.

We didn't do anything special.  In fact, we spent most of the day apart even though he had the day off from work.  Why? In a nutshell, our 5-year-old will be 6 tomorrow and it's all about him.  So today I spent the day at his favorite indoor playground on a special play-date with his friend from preschool.  My husband, because I love him so much, was excused from said play-date and seriously could not have been happier.

We kind of set the tone of how we celebrate our anniversaries when - on our very first one we spent a romantic evening in a Carl's Jr. on the way to the hospital to be pumped full of pitocin to get the one-week-past-due baby out of my body.  Not necessarily your traditional idea of a romantic evening, but I kind of love it because I can't think of a better way to celebrate our love than to prepare for the arrival of what came out of it.

Happy Anniversary!



1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary to you, ML. Seven years seems like a blink of the eyes.

    ReplyDelete