Friday, February 3, 2012

Bring It!

Making Dinner Every Night This Week - Day 5

Tonight - Chicken Parmesan
Baked breaded chicken, spaghetti, garlic toast, and peas
(the man likes peas when he eats spaghetti - go figure)



As the poor negotiator, my husband, pointed out on Day 1 - He had, just made a huge batch of spaghetti sauce and yes, we had just gone to Costco and purchased some heat and serve meals.  This made it pretty easy for me.  

I think it was a little too easy - I am still claiming victory and have him clean that shelf. 

As I thought about that comment and what I was going to cook, I realized on Tuesday I could have gone the whole week and just pulled something out of a box and heated it up.  There wasn't anything on the weekly menu that was fresh.  A little disconcerting.  So we pulled some chicken breasts out of the freezer -

Would that be considered fresh? You know what - it's fresher than heat-n-serve.

Baby steps.

Besides, the husband LOVED the idea of cooking and eating in, which tells me another challenge is on the horizon.

Let's see what he brings to the table.


No comments:

Post a Comment