Monday, February 13, 2012

Lessons

In the past 6 months I have met A LOT of moms.

A LOT.

Because not only am I the room mom for Jake's kindergarten class, but I am team mom for both Jake's basketball and baseball teams.  Then add the moms from the karate studio to the mix and like I said ...that's a lot of moms.

All this time, I have been doing it for him.  I had no idea the lessons I would learn.

I have learned how to walk directly up to many moms and introduce myself.  I have learned to ask them for donations and/or money.  I have learned to ask them to volunteer for one thing or another.  I have learned to accept those that do it different.    

Most importantly, I learned that I need to tell you moms to be careful when you poop, fart, or burp in the privacy of your own home because your children love to come to school and talk about it.



2 comments: